Monday, January 21, 2008

Return of Networking

The latest patch restores (tcp-connect addr portno) -> connection and (resolve-ipv4 hostname) -> addr to WaspVM, using LibEvent for the network loop. At the moment, this has only been tested on Linux, and I have not had a chance to port it over to Win32, as I do not have an NT box up at the moment. I am getting a fair amount done, now that I have an Eee PC to drag into work with me -- I can tease away at the bug list at lunch. Another interesting change is the addition of arguments to spawn; spawn now accepts functions of any arity, and zero or more optional arguments to be supplied to the function when the process begins. For example:
>> (spawn print "-- Hello\n")
:: [process 0x12345]
-- Hello
>> 
This capability has been in the Process API for a while, I have just been too busy with other things to tweak the spawn primitive.